Bio for Community Partners

My name is Bryan Hanner, and I am a second-year Musical Theatre and Computer Science major at the University of Washington. I have performed in over seventy theatrical productions. I also co-lead a philanthropic performance duo called Hanner & Repp that I founded with my collaborator Daniel Repp (brosnshows.com). We raise funds for charities including Page Ahead Children's Literacy and Seattle Humane Society by producing our own musicals.  I also direct, musical direct, and piano-conduct in the Seattle area. My interest in theatre focuses on experimental methods for audience engagement and integrating theatre closely with community dialogues. Computer science is a more recent interest of mine. I was directly admitted to the UW School of Computer Science and worked as a software engineering intern on metrics aggregation last summer at TUNE, an advertising analytics company based in downtown Seattle. Using technology to expose people to performing arts is one way I hope to combine my interests.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Write-Up - Education and Community-Building: Kotti’s Impact on Kreuzberg

Film Reflection: The Lives of Others

Journal 4